Sabado, Hulyo 28, 2012

TV Characters I Like (Part 1)

I am a major sucker for everything Hollywood. From movies and TV shows to gossips and scandals (not the dirty ones.) It's not that I hate local TV but I have this thing for good stories, talented actors, and unpredictable plots, which I guess, are sort of lacking in the Pinoy scene. Don't get me wrong, the Philippines has lots of world-class artists, it's the TV networks I have problems with.


Okay enough whining and back to the real business. I love US shows and their stories but what I adore more are the characters and the actors/actresses who play them. Here's a list of my top boob tube personalities (fictional) and the reasons why I'm obsessed with them.


Howard Wolowitz  of The Big Bang Theory


Most fans like Sheldon and his quirky-close-to-mental attitude but I get the most kicks out of little old Howie. Played by Simon Helberg, Howard is a mechanical engineer, best friend to Raj, and the only one in the bunch without a doctorate degree. He has this signature outfit of skinny pants, over-sized belt buckles, turtle necks and Chucks. He also drives a Vespa which I find really cute. He throws pick-up lines like he's God's gift to women and thinks of himself as a ladies' man  which he actually isn't. He's cool because he's not.
Favorite Line: “If it’s creepy to use the Internet, military satellites and robot aircraft to find a house full of gorgeous young models so that I can drop in on them unexpectedly, then fine, I’m creepy."




Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones


Also known as the Imp, Tyrion is a small man with a really big attitude-- and I mean that in a positive way.The youngest son of Tywin, he is the sanest, most likable, and probably the only honorable person from House Lannister. Maybe Jaime, but no. Yes, he can be cunning at times, and protective of his dysfunctional family, but I can't help not to root for him. He is smart, probably the smartest character in all of the series, and he thankfully lacks the psychotic tendencies Cersei has. Tyrion is played by the amazing Peter Dinklage who won an Emmy for the role. I know Tyrion is a predictable pick but I won't apologize for choosing him over Jon Snow, Daenerys, or even Ned. Ned is dead for fuck's sake.
Favorite Line: "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.


Epic Tyrion slap. I can watch this all day.

Cesare Borgia of The Borgias

Played by the gorgeous Francois Arnaud, Cesare is a medieval bad boy in chasuble. The son of Rodrigo Borgia aka Pope Alexander VI, he is a screaming epitome of sin. A cardinal by profession, Cesare engages in probably the most ungodly activities one can ever think of. Yes, including that almost incestuous relationship with Lucrezia. The most admirable thing about him is his intelligence and his love and loyalty to his family, especially to his father. Oh, plus those eyes. 



Peter Bishop of Fringe

Two words: Joshua Jackson. Nah, I'm kidding. No, I'm not. Peter Bishop is one of the main protagonists of the sci-fi series Fringe. According to Wikipedia, he's a deuteragonist but for me, he'll always fight for the real world's side. He is the son of Walter Bishop (John Noble) and the love interest of Anna Torv aka Olivia Dunham. Peter's story is verrry interesting. Why? He's from a parallel universe, that's why. He has this cool, calm, and collected attitude and is very intelligent. It always makes my day whenever the episodes show him wearing that signature black jacket. Ugh. Diane Kruger, you're one lucky girl.




This ends the first part of this entry. For the second half, I will list down the female counterparts of these guys. I also plan to shortlist my favorite movie characters. That would be fun. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento