Linggo, Hulyo 15, 2012

Metric: Synthetica

I was browsing around NME's website a while ago when I saw the review for Metric's fifth studio album, Synthetica. I was silently cursing myself for not knowing that the said record was already released. I can clearly remember tweeting about being excited for it. 

After listening to the whole album, the song "Breathing Underwater" became an instant favorite. It has the standard Metric indie electrorock sound reminiscent of "Stadium Love" from their Fantasies album. Their first single "Youth Without Youth," is a bundle of badass beats fused with Emily Haines' amazingly sexy voice. On the other hand, "The Wanderlust," I think, will make the perfect soundtrack for that spontaneous adventure you've been wanting to have. Come on, the title speaks for itself. For this tune, Metric collaborated with Lou Reed, yep THE Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground.

Genius lyrics plus catchy beats, expect Emily Haines and the rest of the band to deliver. No one can ever sing the words "I'm just as fucked-up as they say." like Ms. Haines. 

Listen to Synthetica here.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento