Sabado, Hulyo 14, 2012

GPOY

When I was a kid, I was extremely camera-shy. I hated class photos and all things that involved smiling and flashes. After arriving in Manila for the university, I was introduced to digital cameras and the joy they bring. Khalid and Desiderata, my college buddies, taught me the holy trinity of camerawhoring: pose, smile, upload.


I like it when people take photos of themselves, doing whatever pose they can think of and wearing whatever clothes they want. Lookbook fan, I am.


Years later, I'm still the little camerawhore I used to be back in college. When the mood strikes, I set up my dependable digicam, rummage my closet for some outfit, and turn my room into a messy "studio." Oh my wasted weekends.


Looking back, it's quite fun knowing that through this "activity," I have gained confidence and discovered my own sense of style. Yuck that sentence is the corniest shit I have ever written. So here I am sharing the products of those wasted weekends. No judgments, this is not America's Next Top Model or YOUR blog. 





Right after graduation, I decided to go for a really short haircut. The background: an old college art project. This was May of 2009. I look like a boy.




2010 photos. Made the background collage out of magazine pages. Improvising like a boss. Side story: When I turned 22, I decided to have my ears pierced. It was one of the the bravest things that I have ever done in my life.


Cat cameo. Meet Nine, my furry kid.


2011 photos. Rocked the bangs after my 23rd birthday.  



I only have one photo for 2012. I guess I got lazy. Will try to catch up. 

If you're into fashion + photos + styling + makeup + dressing up, try visiting these sites: Lookbook for some fashion inspiration and Kookie Buhain cos I think she's the only legit fashion blogger in the country. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento