Lunes, Marso 24, 2014

Life's a Beach (Yes, I'm Writing Again)

I know, I know. I haven't blogged since the age of the dinosaurs. I got busy with a lot of things, and last year was a tough year. It's just now that I am starting to get back on track. I recently (read: yesterday) got hired for a new job, it's for a nice company in Makati; I'm officially a Makati City girl now. God, I used to hate that place. It's like a maze, always making me feel like I'm Alice trying to get out of Wonderland. How? Via a really pricey cab. Gotta hustle though, and Makati is the ~concrete jungle where dreams are made of~ here in the Philippines. Need to toughen it up and leave behind the geographically-challenged girl in me.

Okay, back to business. A couple of days left and we'll be officially welcoming Summer 2014. April and May -- the months beach lovers and sun worshipers like me look forward to every year. Tan lines 4ever. Weather in Manila is going bipolar lately. It rained yesterday and I heard that it's also pouring in Aurora. What is up with that, gods of sunshine, soft breeze, and halo-halo? Beach trips are already planned, flights already booked, road trips are in the works, summer outfits have been purchased, and fats have been shed. We need our dose of sun, stat! 

I consider myself lucky because I live in a country where every corner has a pristine seaside gem waiting to be visited. Even my own province has its fair share of amazing spots, and I dream to visit each and every one of them. On the other hand, I consider myself unlucky because I live in a country where the price of visiting some of the said gems is worth a month's rent. Sometimes, more expensive. So many destinations, so little time (and money.) 

I usually daydream of becoming a travel writer, jumping from place to place, experiencing cultures and learning the definition of beauty through people, food, and life. Earning money while doing what majority of my age group want to do. Documenting how spectacular a place is through words. Ahhhh, I want to be a travel writer when I grow up. It's like living summer every day, every freaking day. (Sorry, I'm a big fan of the season, here are the reasons why.)

I went to the beach last weekend with Neng. She's one of my favorite people in this planet and it's always fun trying new adventures with her. We left Manila at dawn and came back to the city just around dinner time. It was spontaneous, it was fun. I can't remember the last time we went beaching together but it was funny seeing that we still have the same travel staples: a pair of sunnies, comfy bikinis, a book, and a sarong which is very useful for random shenanigans under the sun. 


To never losing our wild streak.

She's busy with her own stuff and I'm busy with mine but a getaway like this makes me thankful that I have a friend like her. A friend who I can send a message in the middle of the night asking to come with me to the beach the following day and comes with me without hesitation. (Even if she's saving up for a bigger adventure the following week.) Thank you, Natalie Jane. 

It's so funny that I have decided to write again. Sorry for the lack of consistency in this entry. It's like a collage of random thoughts. I'm sorry, I haven't blogged in a while. I will try to write a better entry next time. 





Summer forever!!!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento