Miyerkules, Hulyo 27, 2011

Rainy Day Playlist

Last week, Spot.ph came out with an online feature about celebrity rainy day tunes. They asked various artists from different fields their favorite bed-weather tunes.

Although I'm not a celebrity (sadly), I also have this habit of listening to music that fits my mood or the weather. So here's my feeble attempt to imitate the sikats, a list my favorite tag-ulan songs.

Note: These are not emo songs. I don't connect the rain with loneliness  and other bullcrap like that.


Air - Playground Love
This Virgin Suicides soundtrack creeps the crap out of me but the freaky melody makes it so perfect for the rainy season. Like the movie, the song has a gloomy feel to it. Perfect to listen to when the rain is pouring softly outside.
This Phoenix cover is really good.


Incubus - Aqueous Transmission
The title speaks for itself. Aqua means water and water means rain. The swabe voice of Brandon Boyd never cease to make ordinary rainy days into warm nakakakilig ones. I will love him forever. This song is ideal when it's raining outside and you're cuddling your pillow like it's the sexy beast that is Brandon Boyd. Okay I'll stop here. This is not a Brandon Boyd tribute blog.

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
Let me tell you this: I don't care if it's mainstream and I don't care if Adam Levine has a girl's voice. This particular song reminds me of lazy Sunday mornings with friends, listening to the rain outside -- in our underwear. One of the things I truly miss.

The Sundays - When I'm Thinking About You
This song is so cheesy but it's so song-to-listen-during-the-rainy-season too. The soft voice, the oh so simple melody and the overly cheesy lyrics just make it  perfect for precipitation.

M83 - We Own The Sky
The song's video shows kids having fun under the sun but whenever I hear this track, it makes me wanna play under the rain, my face welcoming tiny drops of water from the sky. Okay yuck I thought this is not gonna be an emo post. FYI, the song is not emo at all. Love the synths.

King of Leon - Sex on Fire
Just because. Caleb Followill is my latest obsession and this song is played more than 50x on my ipod everyday. God, that voice.
Okay is it just me or Caleb Followill really looks like he's having a great time?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento